- All standard features such as peaking and zebras (focus and exposure assist)
- HDMI loopthrough > port damage
- On-board batteries > what happened in Malawi?
- External DC input > again
- Universal mountig options > damage and rotation, on side and on top?
- Compatibility with all the "legacy" viewfinders + upcoming Cambo
- Horizontal screen resolution at least 800 pixels and over 300 pixels per inch.
- 24bit color
- High brightness
- Good viewing angle
- Fast refresh rate
- Pre configured SOC (ST, ADI) or a custom solution?
- What chipsets and solutions are used in Thomson and Panasonic P2 Pro line camcorders for monitoring and signal processing?
- Power supply (features vs power consumption, economy mode)
- Cable routing!
- Splash and dust proof?
- IC Cooling? (if needed)
- Drop/shock resistance > aluminum versus modern thermoplastics < fracture when dropped
- To what EVF design most customers are accustomed to? (by release dade)
- Classic EVF look or something new? Sony 801 vs Sony EX3 etc...
- Achromatic doublet or aspheric lens, depends on screen diagonal
- Allow the use of standard 50mm diameter anti fog sheet/foil ($4 per piece)
- ENG viewfinder style diopter adjustment > fast, to avoid eye accommodation to false diopter setting < the most common cause of eyestrain
- interface for interchangeable skirts
- Should not change it's length to avoid reconfiguring the position (for different operators)